This issue of the Big Sky Business Journal features the US Small Business Administration’s (SBA) 2019 award winners in Montana as part of Small Business Week, May 5-11. Meet some of Montana’s outstanding business people and others who support and advocate for small business in Montana on the pages of this edition of the Big Sky Business Journal.
Montana Small Business Person of the Year for 2019.
Devon Davidson owner of Magic City Auto Recondition Services, Inc. dba MARS of Billings has been named as SBA’s 2019 Montana Small Business Person of the Year.
And, receiving national recognition this year is The Montana Women’s Business Center in Bozeman, under the leadership of Director Suzi Berget White. They will receive the National Women’s Business Center of Excellence Award and will be honored at a ceremony held in Washington, D.C.
Other outstanding stars of Montana’s business community being recognized are:
* 8(a) Graduate of the Year, Tanya Chemodurow, Abatement Contractors of Montana, Missoula;
* Veteran-Owned Small Business of the Year, Luke Osborne, Amanda Osborne and Tom Osborne, Hydrosolutions, Inc., Billings and Helena;
* Young Entrepreneur-Owned Business of the Year, Nicole Griffith, Well Pared LLC, Billings;
* Woman-Owned Small Business of the Year, Raegen Breeden, Play N Learn Daycare, Great Falls;
* Small Business Champion of the Year, Debbie Singer, Billings;
* Multi Generation-Owned Business of the Year, Chris Barry and Corri Barry, Clancy;
* Legacy Award, Webb Brown, Helena;
* Glacier Bancorp, Inc., the leading SBA 7(a) lender in Montana for number and dollars of loans, with 54 loans totaling $9,956,400;
* Big Sky Finance, of Billings, the leading Certified Development Company approving 10 504 loans totaling $9,914,000;