0
0
0
s2smodern


Staggering Ox has opened a Kalispell location. Jill and Darrell Marlow are owners of the new store  at 110 Hutton Ranch Road..

According to a report released recently, between 2010 and 2015, the production of Montana brewers increased by 87 percent .

Elk Ridge Brewing Company opened this month under the guidance of six residents from Deer Lodge. The brewery specializes is Trappist Beer, originally brewed by Trappist Christian monks in the Middle Ages.

Lewis & Clark Brewing Company has completed a $9 million expansion project in Helena. The expansion will allow for a production increase to meet new distribution plans for out -of -state sales. The expansion  requires hiring six new employees with plans to hire more by year’s end.

An analysis of the U.S. 93 bypass around Kalispell has been completed. It had an economic stimulus  of $1.21 billion for the community. Discussion of a bypass began in the 1940’s and continued until a agreement was reached in 1994.

Eagle Beverage Distributers, established in 2010, has plans to add warehouse space on its property at1011 Broadwater Drive, Great Falls.

Livingston’s Katabatic Brewing Company is expanding. The brewery announced the purchase of new equipment that will allow it to double its production. The business will remain at its Park Street location, The new system will allow the brewery to add new brews. The Livingston brew is sold in 60 locations across Montana.

An oilfield waste facility in McKenzie County, N.D., has lost its permit after North Dakota officials discovered that the business failed to clean up illegally dumped waste.  Apollo Resources LLC, which operates the Madison Treating Plant #1 in McKenzie County, has been told to cease operations and to reclaim the site back to its original condition.

With fifty-five rigs now operating in the Bakken, and almost 20 hydraulic fracturing crews the limiting factor in the Bakken recovery is employees. The industry has plans to get to 25 frac crews by now but they are below 20.

The Williston City Commission unanimously approved to put before the voters, on October 10, 2017 a vote on whether to continue the one cent infrastructure sales tax. Voters will be asked to approve a 10-year extension of the existing sales tax of which 75 percent is dedicated to property tax relief through debt reduction for  infrastructure. The remaining 25 percent is dedicated to economic and community development.

The US Forest Service has met 89% of their timber sale volume target over the past 15 years,  including Montana, according to Matthew Koehler, of the Wild West Institute, an environmental organization based in Missoula. Restraints on timber sales are not due to lawsuits and obstructions from environmental groups but because of a lack of funding from Congress, claims Koehler, citing Flathead National Forest’s Joe Krueger.

The Federal Reserve Bank is raising interest rates by a quarter point, the central bank announced June 14. It’s the second 0.25-point increased by the Fed this year.

The Museum of the Rockies at Montana State University announced that John Scannella has been named the John R. Horner Curator of Paleontology.  Scannella has been on staff at MOR since 2013 when he was named paleontology collections manager and following Horner’s retirement in 2016 he was named interim curator of paleontology. Scannella’s research focuses on vertebrate evolution and ontogeny, ceratopsian dinosaurs, and Mesozoic ecosystems of North America. He earned his doctorate in earth sciences from Montana State University and bachelor’s in geology from Rutgers University.

Lyft Inc., a ride-sharing service like Uber, must wait at least another month to get approval from the Public Service Commission to do business in Montana. The PSC requested more information regarding the company’s insurance after a competitor raised concerns about it at a hearing on June 5. The PSC asked the company to return with the information in a month. The PSC has until September to make a decision. The passage of legislation in the 2015 Montana Legislature, paved the way for ride-sharing companies like Uber and Lyft to operate in the state if they can demonstrate that they’ve met minimum insurance, bonding, and general security criteria, and gain a permit from the PSC. Competitors are able to protest the permitting, which, Carrie Pintar, owner of Amazing Taxi in Livingston, did. The PSC approved the operation of Uber (Raiser-MT LLC) in December of 2015. Whenever it gets approval, Lyft may go into operation immediately.